Thursday 18 March 2010

Sprung Open


As so much has happened since the Fantasy Springs concert, I thought I'd make a separate post. This was the first live performance of Broken Open and came as a very pleasant surprise as I was expecting A Loaded Smile. I wonder if time was running a little short because the band started so soon after the last song and before the audience had time to settle down. Adam looks like he wasn't quite ready either, bottle in hand and unable to steal a sip of water before his cue to start singing. You'd never be able to tell from just listening. The outfit, though fabulous, wasn't the most practical as things seemed to get caught in it very easily. I thought getting tangled and restricting his freedom of movement was one of the reasons why he kept playing with his peacock feather hair extension during some of the other songs.



When Adam's voice sails in, it's sweet and soothes the audience into a swift silence. The atmosphere the acoustic arrangement creates is similar to the studio version where the quivery ethereal quality of his vocals sends you floating away from your real-life troubles. His outstretched arms enhance the feeling of being wrapped in the softest of comfort blankets as you are warmed by the reassuring voice of a close confidant.

Keep your eyes open at the end when he flashes a broad smile and finally gets that sip of water.

For this video, I decided to do more fading effects than usual to try to enhance the gentle floaty feel of the song. The double Adam fading in and out is meant to evoke the feeling of reassurance that there's someone always with you in spirit to help you through tough times and to coax you into healing.

DOWNLOAD Broken Open (Acoustic) - mp3 12.0MB
DOWNLOAD Broken Open (Acoustic) - iPod compatible mp4 60.7MB
Update 19/03/10: DOWNLOAD Broken Open (Acoustic) - HD mp4 76.6MB - Slightly different edit with added fine tuning.
Update 27/03/10: DOWNLOAD Broken Open (Acoustic) - HD mp4 v1 81.7MB - Better sound than version above.

15 comments:

  1. I was there too and this was INCREDIBLE. I had tears streaming down my face because it was so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. His emotions was so intense starting at 2:10. There was a moment I kinda stop breathing. This is so beautiful and convincing.

    I luv the multiple Adam from all angles. He is like an angel. And you are ours for making this beautiful edited version and present to our faces. Thank you.

    ~K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just amazing. Cannot thank you enough for doing these. I feel selfish asking if you intend to do more of his songs from FS. It was such an event for me. You have my undying devotion!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing to say except that Adam takes my breath away.
    He truly is an alien from another planet and we are lucky he landed here to spend some time with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awsome editing. I was there sitting right next to Maple188. We could not believe how pure and perfect his vocals were, we spent the whole song in a trance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is truly stunning. And so is your edit. Thank you so much (Nikki)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truly stunning. You do wonderful work with these vids, he is a magnificent sunject.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful job!!!! I'm in tears!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for sharing this. What a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for all the comments! I'm happy to be sharing this with you and I'm glad it's brought you pleasure/tears.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I watched your video of him and downloaded it from here.
    I wanna say thank you!!!
    These videos are AMAZING!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous, you're welcome! Be sure to check out the downloads page in the sidebar where there are plenty more goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've made an absolutely beautiful job of this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the twitter prompt today to re-listen to and watch Adam sing this stunning version of "Broken Open". Adam's acoustic, concert versions of "Broken Open" are relatively rare and such treasures. I was fortunate to personally hear it live on four occasions: FS, River Rock, and the two Hawaii GNT's. Each one became more hauntingly beautiful as he added more nuances and heartfelt emotion. I sometimes hear people say "Broken Open" is one of their least favorite tracks on the FYE CD. I've never understood that: It has always been one of my favorites (and his dad Eber Lambert has said that as well). His live versions are truly masterpieces of his vocal abilities and take this song to another level entirely. Any one of them never fails to bring tears to my eyes, from the sheer beauty of it. Unbelievably, its been a year and a half since Adam's first headlining performance at Fantasy Springs: seems like yesterday in some ways, and a world away in others. Many live Adam Lambert concerts later, I can still never get enough of him, both his Voice and his physical presence on the stage. I know that will always be so for me. Anxiously awaiting Era Two..which begins shortly.....The journey with Adam continues..Thank you for your efforts to make this available to us. Now: off to download!

    ReplyDelete
  15. glitzylady, I think this was one of the best written songs on the album. It's something that everyone can relate to but it's also rarely written about. I'd hoped to hear it in London but it wasn't to be. I have a feeling it was meant to be a regular Glam Nation song but it sapped the energy out of the set in its original arrangement. The acoustic version that got re-introduced in Asia worked much better. You are very lucky to have seen it so many times.
    I'm finding it so hard to wait for the next era!

    ReplyDelete