Saturday 18 September 2010

Glam Nation: Melbourne USA


This is the first concert with new drummer Issac Carpenter and the handover is seamless. Adam has a big shiny Vanilla Ice hairdo with makeup that includes a bindi and he has very few shirt buttons done up. Here's my playlist:



There's a wonderful bridging transition between RoF and Fever where the instrumentals start out sparse and Adam continues with his middle eastern trills. The position he takes is that of a hunter ready to pounce before the speed and the beat pick up to become our familiar Fever hook. Tommy gets a gentle kiss in this one. Sleepwalker is magnificent, Aftermath sees Adam encouraging us to scream out and SFW has a strangely enunciated last line. There's some joking with Cam during the intros and the encore is MW.

4 comments:

  1. I had my M&G with ADAM in Melbourne..it was MINDBLOWING!!! He is such a great guy..soo easy to talk to and stand next to and hug and...we compared our tattoos...he loved mine..felt it with his finger after comparing arms...I think I was on another planet at that point...he's HEROIN..and I'm not kidding..u CAN'T GET ENOUGH!! sktorok@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. sktorok, congratulations! Seems like an experience you'll never forget. Tell me what it was like when he touched your tattoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First he said my tattoo like his was cool...then he held his arm up next to mine to compare them..said whoever did this tell them they did a great job...(I told the guy, and he was thrilled AFL loved his work!..then he took his finger and rubbed my tattoo back and forth like to see if it was real..(which it is)..I told him he is soo inspiring that I just HAD to get the tattoo..so in his BEST ROCKSTAR FACE we took the pic showing our tattoos together!! It was hands down THE BEST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE!! Only ADAM lovers would understand me acting like such a fangirl..lol..also..talked to Neil who did the photoshoot..and he was sarcastically way cool..also a nice guy..(must run in the family!) The next night we saw GNT in St. Pete..Tropicana Field...32,000 stayed for the concert..we were close to the stage after a mad dash when they opened the gates!! Another great concert..then afterwards..we waited by the buses and he came out to sign..here's me again..front and center...hey Adam..remember me from last night? The one with the tattoo like yours? And he did!! Got another autograph..sooo many memories from this SUMMER OF ADAM!!! OMG..can't wait till his next tour!! Sorry for bending your ear..LOVE to share my experiences with someone who GETS IT!!! Love u and your site..keep those videos and your comments coming!! Sharon aka sktorok@aol.com & @sktorok on twitter

    ReplyDelete
  4. sktorok, well done for keeping it together when meeting him! I saw your pic and it's so cute. You're so lucky!

    ReplyDelete